Third Iron Technical Documentation
BrowZine is designed to be a fast and intuitive service for researchers, students, clinicians and librarians to effectively browse, read and monitor their favorite scholarly journals.
Beneath its simplistic and streamlined interface, BrowZine contains a number of powerful features, linking structures and API's which the Third Iron development team is working to externalize so that enterprising librarians and programmers can deeply embed BrowZine services into their websites, discovery tools or other custom applications.
This site serves to document all of these functions in one place so that these types of users can quickly consult the needed documentation, get creative ideas about what is possible with these functions and get support from our team.
- Third Iron API Overview
- LibKey API
- Article DOI Lookup Endpoint for "How do I discover the link to a specific article in BrowZine by DOI?" or "What is the PDF URL to this article?" and "What is the cover art for the journal associated with this article?"
- LibKey.io Linking
- Overview of the LibKey.io Linking Syntax for "How do I add LibKey.io resolution to my application?"
- WAYFless DOI/PMID Lookup for "How do I add a DOI/PMID lookup box to my library website using LibKey.io?
- LibKey Linking for Discovery Platforms and Publishers for "How do I help users connect to content faster on my website, TOC Emails, Social Media and More?"
- BrowZine API
- Journal Availability Endpoint for "How do I know if this journal is within BrowZine and its associated link and cover art?"
- Search Endpoint for "How do I integrate BrowZine results into a Bento Box environment?"
- BrowZine Linking Syntax Guide for "How do I generate durable links into different parts of BrowZine?"
- BrowZine External Search API for "How do I add a search box to my website to search directly into BrowZine?"
- Third Iron Data Service API (Premium Add-on Service with a separate subscription cost)
- Third Iron Data Service Data Service API for "How do I access full tables of contents data about journals within BrowZine and discover journals with new articles available?"
- LibKey API
Platform-Specific Integration Information
- Ex Libris Primo
- Ex Libris Leganto
- Ex Libris Summon
- Ex Libris 360 E-Journal Portal (Formerly Serials Solutions)
- 360 E-Journal Portal Overview and Step-by-Step Installation Guide
- Implementation Example: Michigan State University
- EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery and A-Z
- TDNet Discovery and OVID Discovery
- Trip Medical Database
- Explorit Everywhere! from Deep Web Technologies
- VuFind 4.1+